Thursday, January 28, 2010

Lauren in polka dots (adoption)

Isn't she precious? I know she is sassy and a typical 2yr old but my goodness. What a gift I don't deserve. I think back to when we decided to adopt. God would not let me turn a blind eye on this. He put everything in my way at that moment in time. It is kind of funny now that I think back on it. Every show on TV I turned on was about adoption, every time I would pray the thought would come into my head. Scriptures were placed in front of my eyes about orphans, Movie clips at church, books, magazine articles. God was really waking me up. I knew the need was there it was something as a christian that I could not see around. Meanwhile this whole plan that God had for Lauren's life was coming into fruition.
I am nobody special, just a person who loves God deeply. God uses the ordinary to to the extraordinary! Adoption is not for everyone, God has different desires and missions and lays different ministries on peoples hearts. My greatest desire is for all christian to have a mission. To do something that God is going to use you to do. It can be Praying, financial giving or serving. If God is laying something on your heart there is a reason!



I have one person on my mind while I write this post. I have great love for you!! Keep praying God has something planned for you!!
Your life is not a accident you were placed at this time in history for a purpose. Your purpose will make a difference after we are gone from this earth.
Lord, let me live a life that will glorify you in all I do!
In Christ,
Katie

9 comments:

  1. What a great post... one that I needed to hear desprately. Right now, in the deep troubled water that I am in... still knowing He is there... thank you.

    Blessings,
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post and such a beautiful little daughter you have :)
    Blessings,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are really going to make me cry, Katie! You are such a precious friend to me and I love you! I can only imagine how much of a blessing Lauren has been to your family.

    You are so right about everything being on TV....did you see Amer. Idol last night? The very last contestant had a big story about how he grew up in the foster care system and lived in 25 homes. It touched Morgan, I could tell, because he said, "how could you live in 25 homes?" And I told him that's just what happens to kids in foster care. You see...God is working!!

    I just love Lauren's outfits you always have. That hat is SO cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful and touching post! God uses the ordinary to do the extraordinary... that is beautiful! Lauren is too precious for words. These photos are great! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a precious post Katie! That's exactly how it happened for us too ... God made everything in our lives lead to adoption somehow (even TV shows!!) Lauren is so precious and I love her little hat!! Thank you for writing this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post, Katie!! Lauren is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so glad that God worked in your life and your heart and you get to be Lauren's Mommy! I know it is a blessing for both of you. I think adoption is a wonderful and beautiful thing. Beautiful pictures of your sweet baby! LOVE the outfit. That is exactly why I so desperately need a little girl. Holy Cuteness : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. She is gorgeous as always! God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post!!! Lauren is a livin' doll. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving me a comment. Have a blessed day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...