Friday, January 15, 2010

Breaking the Silence


Every morning when I take Jaden to school I listen to Focus On The Family daily broadcast. I love this show. It has helped me in tremendous ways to understand so much about faith, family and relationships. I really enjoy the wisdom of James Dobson. This morning they played this episode from 1994. I was going down the road crying as I listened. This is a amazing story. If you do nothing else today listen to this!! http://www.focusonthefamily.com/popups/media_player.aspx?LatestDaily=1

If this does not work in a couple days it is called Breaking The Silence on Focus On The Family.
http://www.focusonthefamily.com/

Make sure you pause my music below to hear.

4 comments:

  1. Can't wait to check it out. Thanks for the link.
    Blessings,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Katie! Thanks for the sweet note! I'm glad you like your new bunny!

    Let's see here... in terms of paint, I use a couple different ones:

    Bleached Wheat (Lowe's) - more of a yellow undertone (this is on all of my walls)

    Eloquent Ivory (Home Depot) - more of white undertone (I use this on a lot of furniture)

    Generally, I prime first with a tinted primer. I use cheap brushes from Big Lots...then I just throw them away afterwards. If it is a big piece of furniture, I use a small roller. I do two to three coats depending on the look I am going for.

    Sometimes I sand and distress after it is painted. Or sometimes I use the darkest brown stain I can find...wipe it on with an old tshirt, then wipe it off. Instant aging! I LOVE this look.

    The big table in my front office was just dry brushed. I don't use a lot of paint, that way, whatever is underneath will show through in places. Plus, since it's a thin coat of paint, it will wear and look older in places.

    The laundry room is Balsam from Lowe's. I bought it about 6 years ago, so not sure if they still have it.

    I hope this helps! Thanks for coming by! It was nice to see you!

    Polly

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will totally check it out! I love Focus on the Family, great resources for everyone!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds interesting - I'll go see if I can bring it up!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving me a comment. Have a blessed day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...