Monday, January 25, 2010

The 30 day Shred bandwagon family style

I kept hearing about how great this workout was from blog land and from other moms around town. So I went and got it. I am not a huge gym person. I just prefer to run, walk, hike or do videos like this. There is nothing wrong with the gym but I like to be home and I don't feel like packing another bag, that is the last thing I want to do. I don't have a lot of time to workout either but I know that it is important. I love that this video is only 20 min a day. Most people could do that and it is realistic. It is hard people!! It is 20 min of a hard workout which I prefer over a 1 hr workout that seems so long. It kind of reminds me of Tae-boe some of the same concepts. I told Rob I was going to do it and that he should do it too. The kids wanted to do it too.
WARNING!!
Rob said he felt like he was going to die!!! So I took his picture. We only did Level 1!!! I told him I couldn't believe that at one time he was almost a professional baseball player ?? He said that was 13 yrs ago. I said,"You act like it was 30 yrs ago." So we are doing it again tonight. Rob is really really fun I am so glad he has a great sense of humor, although he was serious in this picture.
The boys trying to act like they are dead too (: Lauren doesn't miss a beat. Drew did not last long with the workout, and Jaden kept talking and talking (not what you want to hear when you are dying) He is asking what muscle is this and what does this do....Jaden style. Lauren did it for a while and then she was in the kitchen climbing on the counters trying to get her new Dora singing dvd. The girl is independent. The other day she fell asleep right when we pulled in. I shut the garage turned on the light and checked on her ever 5 min. Sure enough 3 min later she comes in shuts the mini van door (still can't get the boys to remember that) turns off the light, shuts the door, takes of her shoes puts them away, hangs up her coat and comes inside.
Gotta love boys, My house is never dull. If you ever call and hear yelling and fighting and laughing that is normal. Messy is the new norm around here, I have to fight my instinct to keep it organized. I have decided I will do my best but I would rather play with my kids and have a little mess here and there.

4 comments:

  1. LOL!! I think I have that video, but I've never even opened it. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute...

    How about those Colts??

    sandy toe

    ReplyDelete
  3. We totally have been doing the same thing. Travis and I have both been DYING and yes, Level 1. Evan decided to show off the other afternoon, so he put in the DVD and did Level 3, and he really did the whole thing. He is in awesome shape! But, I've done it 5 times now, and it is getting a tiny bit easier!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved tae boe! I have never found anything I liked as much, so I will try this : ) Thanks Katie! My friend Chrystal is doing something called Zumba that she loves. Have you heard of that?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving me a comment. Have a blessed day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...