Saturday, December 19, 2009

Laundry Room Makeover!!

BEFORE: I have been wanting to show this for so long. It was a long process do to my washer and dryer coming in at different times and then learning I could stack them and make more room. Then my bench and wall shelf came at two different times and there was a problem. All of the drama is straighted out now and I have been wanting to post these..
My washer flooded a few times so it was time for a new one, the laundry room is right off of my garage it is not really big but it is a okay size. There is a door that goes out of the laundry to my back patio too. The room was the only room in the house not painted but the previous owners had lovely roosters hung up. I don't mind roosters but I am not big on wall paper or themes. So off they went. I painted the whole room with a $5 can of Oops paint (It was a nice color) from Lowe's and then bought the shelf and hooks for the kids stuff. I have always wanted a mud room so I figured I would try and make a small one in this entry way. It all fit perfect after measuring and looking for the right shelf. I used a old curtain and added some damask to it and make a cover for my sink in there too.
I hang most of the kids art work in there too.
Curtain
bench, I love it!! Works so well for book bags and coats.
AFTER!! Hope you like it. It took a while but I am happy how everything came together and it is a much used space.

8 comments:

  1. That is a great 'oops' color... it looks great! Love the curtain, and such a great idea to hang the kids artwork like that!! :) This makes me want to redo our laundry room... hmm?? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! It looks awesome, Katie!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks great! Ours is very tiny...I wish I had that much space to work with :)
    Blessings,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is awesome! Great ideas and use of space. I really, really need a bench like that, but I don't really have a good place to put one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it. I think I just got the same washer and dryer...do you have a hard time reaching the top controls?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great Katie! Laundry/mud rooms are so hard to decorate, I think! It took me 5 years to get mine right! I love what you've done with yours!
    Polly

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it Katie! It is so you to make it so beautiful. you have a knack for it. miss you and MERRY CHRISTMAS!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving me a comment. Have a blessed day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...