Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree

Welcome!! I am finally done as of last week. It is pretty much the same as last year with a few small changes to the bow at the top and less ornaments. I haven't bought any new Christmas decor in a couple years now that I think about it. It is funny because I keep it pretty simple even thought it looks like a lot of work. I just add a few twigs here and there and change up the furniture. The star is leaning, but I don't dare to touch it. This tree is very pretty but is a pain to put together. It is massive and is like the Griswald tree. It is sharp and is so wide, I do like it but it is a pain to put together too. I did the railing with the garland and at the top the kids have a little rainbow tree that they decorated with some kid ornaments. My favorite ornaments are the kids picture ornaments. Since I am picture crazy every year I buy three little picture ornaments to put their picture in. Those are my favorite. I think I will keep them when they are grown, it is a tough call. I love the memories. Taking picture is hard at night but I think these are okay, a little red but you get the warm feeling I am going for.

Here is a view from the loft, I can't wait till 12/25!!!

The boys and Champ with the little rainbow tree. We also put rainbow lights on our swing set. I think it looks cute and the kids love it. I like the white lights but I have no problem with the rainbow either I think they are fun. Kids love the rainbow!!

18 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I know you are tired! It is such a job!
    Hey, I am going to have a post just for you in a couple of days. . . I just have to pray through first. . . just my slice of advice on the church thing.
    Talk Soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your tree Katie! SO pretty! Kaish likes colored lights too! He thinks white are boring. So I usually give in and go for colored : ).

    I love the picture of the boys and the dog and their tree! Look how Champ is hanging on : ) SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have the perfect house for a BIG tree!
    sandy toe

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks great Katie!! Beautiful! Y'all sure do have a lot of windows in your living room :) I love the little tree too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. GORGEOUS!!!! I love it -- you have such a beautiful home!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your tree is just lovely! I love the idea about the picture frames every year. That is such a special touch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Katie it is GORGEOUS!!!! I LOVE seeing your decorations and your home because it is all so beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful home. One day i hope to be in one like that! You decorate beautifully~

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks beautiful! I love the view from your landing! How exciting, I bet the kids love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How beautiful! I love your tree. It looks like something out of a magazine!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow... it is beautiful, your house and your decorations!! I love the boys by the little tree... so cute! "the Griswald tree"... LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. The tree and the whole house look absolutely GORGEOUS!!! You did an outstanding job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So pretty! Love the lights out pictures. They just make Christmas trees so lovely.

    The lights on my pre-lit tree are a major pain, so we haven't gotten our tree up yet. If I had known that it would give me such a pain, I would have kept the old one.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Katie your home looks beautiful!
    I love the picture of your boys! :o) Too cute! :o)
    I just posted a question on my blog. Can you help me? Thanks! Trish

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is one big and fabulous tree!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous!! Your home is beautifuL! Great job!! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! The view from the loft is amazing. I hope you have a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ooh! Very pretty. Come on over when you get a chance!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving me a comment. Have a blessed day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...