Thursday, October 1, 2009

A new color wall and some new fun things

This wall in my kitchen used to be red. I love red but it just was not symmetrical. It was painted by the previous owners. I liked it for a while but it it bothered me being the only red wall and the other walls were painted my favorite color Tobacco Road. It just looked dated having the one wall be the odd color in my opinion so I found a little TR left downstairs in the basement. First I primed then I painted and I really like it. It is all even with the rest of the walls and really brightened things up. I added the plates too, I love white plates.
I love this frame I got it for Mother's day about 3yrs ago. It was one of those gifts that I saw and knew I wanted it...I told Rob I found my Mother's Day gift. I have pictures all over my house..It probably would look better with something different here or to have all the pictures match but I really like the saying and each picture is special.
I found this cute bunny at TJ Maxx my favorite store (top 3) It was only $5 I think, go getcha one bunny loving girls!!! They also had a frog and turtle I think.
I love Urns I could decorate forever with topiaries and Urn's. I would love to have some big old antique ones but they are to heavy and to expensive so I guess I will have to stick with the replica's. This one is actually really heavy but not to heavy. I found this one a while back and then I found this topiary and I ripped off the top and used the ball. I found this wire bird thing at a yard sale for 50 cents, it was originally 20. So I put it all together and made this little display.

7 comments:

  1. It looks great. I love the frame.
    Blessings,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! I like the plates...I was actually working on a design of plates for my kitchen wall today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can not believe you found that iron cloche for 50 cents! Oh my goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am an urn lover too! Everything looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the wall! It's so soothing.

    I can see why you love the frame ~ beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! I love that color. I also love pictures and have way more then one person needs displayed, but I feel like they just tell a story!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You always have great ideas! I love the frame and the plates on the wall!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving me a comment. Have a blessed day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...