Tuesday, September 22, 2009

A wreath, flag, cage and bloody toe...

I love fall.. Anyway this weekend has been crazy. My mom flew in from New Mexico last wed and was here for the boys party. We had their birthday party on sat. It was a beautiful fall day, perfect. We had around 65 people I think?? Maybe more or less. I have a ton of pictures I need to go through and share. I made this wreath last week to add to the door. I really liked how it turned out. I added a smaller wreath in the larger grapevine wreath to make it wider. I added a whole bunch of this and that.
Check out the wreath contest at
http://redswriting.blogspot.com/
I have been wanting one of the initial flags. I found one on eBay. They were at Kirkland's but they were all out when I went for one.
Just what I needed a enormous bird cage. I actually had one here that I really liked but it wasn't exactly what I wanted so I found this one instead. It really fills up the wall since it is a very high ceiling. It is hard to decorate houses with really high ceilings there is lots of dead space and it is hard to get the feel right. I don't know what to do with the other cage. I will try craigslist but I doubt I will get what a paid for it. It is a unique decorating piece but I think they are cool.
Yesterday I ran a cart the ones with the TVs in them for kids at Meijer over my big toe. Lauren and Drew were both in it. It was not light. Lauren threw something out and I leaned over to get it and pulled the cart on my big toe. It ripped off almost my entire nail and cut under the nail. It was one of the top 5 most painful experiences to say the least. Now I have to wrap it and my high heel days are over for a month or so. I had blood all over the isle. I found a young kid working to get me some paper towels, and a bandage. I am fine now, but Lauren fell on it once already. The last 24hrs have not been good ones... This morning when I was at Drew's school he started chocking on flem and threw up all over the bathroom and himself. He is fine, I think just his allergies caused some drainage. So hopefully the next few days will be on the Up.. Just keeping it real (: Thankful and blessed that these are just little bumps in the road. Hope your all having a great week. Pirate Party pictures to come, aarrhh!!

15 comments:

  1. Oh, that toe incident sounds quite painful...OUCHHHHHHHH!! Your wreath is STUNNING. What a fabulous job on it! Love that large birdcage, it looks great. Hope you can get your toe healed quickly.♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your wreath is FABULOUS! You have to go enter it in this contest that one of my blogging friends is having for wreath creations. Here is the link:
    http://redswriting.blogspot.com/2009/09/lets-party.html

    Hope you are feeling better soon...your injury sounds terrible.
    Blessings,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...that sounds horrible! I hope you acn keep the kiddos off of it for a while--easier said than done though.

    Yes--please do come over and link up to the wreath party!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so fun that your mom flew in for the boys party. 65 people... wow... that is a BIG party! Your wreath is beautiful!! Sorry to hear about your toe-run-over... ouch! Hope it heals quickly. I love how you look at these events as "little bumps" in the road, and you are grateful for them!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great wreath! I like the idea of using 2 to make it look bigger!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Molly did not like that cart at Meijer's...she did not like that door had a closed window, she tried crawling out the front window! Sorry about the toe, ouch, ouch, ouch!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the wreath, it is absolutely beautiful! Just stopped by after seeing you on reds writing wreath party!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the wreath you did for our party. What a great idea to get a large, thicker one!

    Take care of that toe!


    Blessings,
    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my Katie, that does sound horribly painful! I hope it heals quickly. I love your wreath!! There's no telling what mine would turn out like if I tried to make one. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I winced when I read about your poor toe! Ouch! Hope it heals quickly!

    I think your wreath is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your wreath! What a great tip to add two together for bigger impact! Happy Fall!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your door wreath is beautiful..Just blog hopping and enjoyed yours.....Hope you will stop by my new Christmas blog...There is a GREAT GIVEAWAY drawing on OCT 1st
    http://grammyababychangeseverything.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your wreath is BEAUTIFUL!!! You did a great job!! WOW!!!!!

    And 65 people? WOW again!!! I'll bet everyone had the best time!

    His,
    Mrs. U

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sure hope y'all are doing better! The wreath is gorgeous and I totally want that birdcage! About the footboard chalkboard, my hubby found some wood (plywood I guess) in his shop, cut it a little bigger than the opening, and used small screws and drilled them in the back. Very easy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving me a comment. Have a blessed day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...