Sunday, August 23, 2009

Two new chairs,a lamp, a stand, and a dog

I feel like a kid in a candy store. We have a JC Penny outlet which is connected to the distribution center about 10 min from my house. I haven't really gone in there except for once and I thought it was okay. I was getting ready to order this bird lamp below but I thought I would go into the outlet to see if they had any already. First I didn't realize that we had two outlets. One is all furniture and lamps and the other is clothes, furniture and returned stuff. Some of the stuff is not all that great but the quality of the furniture is very good. They have some really neat pictures and accessories also. This trip was the jackpot and I was thrilled with the choices. I suppose it is like any store if your there at the right time you get really great stuff at great prices. Our anniversary is next Friday and I told Rob I would like something I can keep for a while. I don't think Diamond rings are in the budget right now but a piece of furniture was. So I went and found this adorable heavy dog above for $25 originally $100. Love the dog.
Found the two chairs both for $100 originally $470. I found the bird lamp which I think the Nester has also for $20. The lamp was $60 on sale in the catalog from $100. I couldn't believe they had it. There were two but one was broke. I think someone returned them since they bought a set. So one has a broken beak and the other was perfect.
I put them in my dinning area in front of the window. I love the look. Plus they match the toile curtains. So I told Rob I got my anniversary gift. I love them.
I made $400 at my yard sale, do you believe it? I bought this TV stand and got a big grill with the money. Although it was hard work it was nice to make that kind of money in one day. I sold the other stand on Craigslist and made another $40. I love Craigslist. Have you tired it? So much good stuff at such good prices. So fun to find old furniture to repaint. Hope you all had a nice weekend.

8 comments:

  1. Oh Katie! You did have a good visit at JC Penney Outlet!! Those chairs and that lamp are fabulous! I will keep a look out for a bunny statuary for you.....I see a few living in yards and gardens now and then, but the one I got at Urban Farmhouse is the only one I've ever seen for sale somewhere. I'm sure I'll come across one someday for you! If I remember correctly, we paid $50 for mine. We went to an auction today, but left before it started, so no exciting finds today. Oh well, maybe next time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, Love, Love the dog more than words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you always find such great deals!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want one of those kinds of dogs....LOVE yours and what a GREAT price!!!! I have that same bird lamp from JC Penney. I got mine on sale and paid around $60.00 for it. LOVE it too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That lamp is precious! What a great deal, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the TV stand! What a deal?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love love love all your findings! Those chairs are gorgeous! It is so exciting to find good deals, isn't it?!

    Hope you're having a wonderful week!♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh. I want a JC Penny outlet near me. I LOVE that lamp. So pretty! Great deal! Toile is always my favorite on anything. Those curtains are perfect. I want curtains like that for our bedroom!

    What great deals. LOVE those chairs too. Your new tv stand is GREAT : ) Gorgeous! And very smart to buy a grill at the end of the season! I love that : )

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving me a comment. Have a blessed day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...