Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Jaden is swimming

This is Jaden's 3rd week of Swimming lessons. He took two sets of lesson a few weeks ago and made a lot of improvement but still was not swimming. We thought we would do another week. Today he said "Mom, I'm going to do it today." Well in typical Jaden fashion when he wants to do something he can. With head half under he swam a few feet. I was so proud of him. He is neat kid!! He is very cute, funny and imaginative. He is a bit stubborn, or really stubborn I mean.. When he wants something he is great. If he doesn't really want something he doesn't really try. He can now go under for 20 seconds, touch the bottom of the 3ft end (: Grab rings, and doggy paddle a little and now swim for a few feet. I'm hoping by the end of the week he will get it even more. His coach is really great with him. He does a lot of high fives and encouragement.
Here he is in action.
underwater doggy paddle.
He looks determined


He likes doing the Spider man crawl around the pool.

Next step is to get him swimming more and more in a pool. So possibly next year we might join the pool. It seems like being comfortable in water is what gets them to better swimmers. Next up Drew and Lauren. I think the younger ones will follow seeing big brother swim now.

7 comments:

  1. YAY for Jaden!! He looks so cute in his goggles!haha I love it! :)

    I wish we loved closer too... I have a feeling we'd be great pals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's so adorable and that's wonderful to have a great coach like that! Madison did swim lessons for a couple of years, but they were just high school kids teaching and there were too many kids to take turns with that I didn't feel she really learned much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY for Jaden!! Sounds like he is doing GREAT!! Great pictures! I was so much more comfortable around pools and water as soon as Lexi could swim by herself. Once they start they seem to become part fish!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got yourself a lil' fish there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job Jaden!! He is doing a great job! Your pictures are fantastic. He is just too cute! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Katie! Seriously! Kaishon just learned from being at the community pool every day and playing more and more. He never took lessons and he is a great summer. I was thinking about getting Naji lessons this summer so he could go in the 'big' pool but I didn't need to. Within 1 day he was swimming like crazy : ) Trust me!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving me a comment. Have a blessed day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...