Thursday, August 20, 2009

I will miss this someday!!

My boys have not been much into drawing or painting but they love imagination playing. They love Lego's, and Army guys, construction workers, any sort of make believe fake set they enjoy. Jaden has been so into Lego's lately. He can do the sets made for older kids and has no problems except for putting the stickers on straight. He is really good at building. He tells me all the time about how he is going to be engineer and how he is going to build a bread factory in Africa to help feed people. So sweet.
Meet the dinosaur family. I love how they line them all up and then ask me to take a picture, they do this with army guys too.
No instructions, Drew built this with Jaden adding a few touches at the end.
I am so proud of my boys, they have wonderful imaginations and it does not take much to make them happy.
I was thinking, I think about this a lot actually. I am stressed now and tired but what am I going to do when there are no more Lego's everywhere or bikes and junk all over the garage. Stained clothes to wash, lunches to pack, wrestling in every room and stories to read. Thank God for grand kids because I think I am really going to struggle when they are gone and off to college. For now I will enjoy it even when I have had enough noise, and enough tackling matches, enough tantrums... I will enjoy my quiet evenings past 9:00 when I am on the verge of falling asleep and my clean house for about 3hrs that is what it averages. You know when you clean it and it feels so clean and looks tidy but you know it will only last a few hrs.. I wouldn't trade my life, it is what I love to do. I am learning that things that should make me stressed are not as much. Spills are not that big of a deal, and toys are easy to clean. My prayer is to enjoy these moments and for my kids to see a Godly mother who will always try her best. To see that I struggle but that I don't let small stuff bother me. To be involved in their life but not run their life. To protect, encourage and love but to show how to love others. To live honest..show respect.. and be proud of who you are. Many lessons I am still learning. They are watching ever move, so much responsibility that God has blessed me with. Enjoy your kids today mom's!!!

5 comments:

  1. Your words are beautifully put! I never dreamed the day would come when my son did not play with his Legos! When the favorite stuffed animal would get placed in the attic with his others ... time slips by way too fast and we have to cherish every moment the Lord blesses us with! :o)
    Thank you for sharing your heart.
    Sincerely ~ Tricia Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you girl. I'm trying to soak it all in and enjoy the moments. This past week with Isaiah starting kindergarten, it has really got me thinking about him growing up and not needing me as much...and truthfully, it makes me so sad. I don't like it that time is passing by so quickly. I guess it's up to us to embrace the NOW. Isaiah would get along great with your boys. He LOVES all the same things...dinosaurs, building, pretending. Boys are so fun! :)

    Hope you're having a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your family is beautiful. I found you from Jill's design site. She did my blog too. She is fabulous.

    Anyway, we have just started our journey to adopting from Ethiopia and I thought we had a lot in common. I look forward to reading more about you and your family.
    Blessings,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That is one amazing legos tower! Kaylee walked by and she was like Whoa! LOL! I agree with you totally. What are we gonna do with ourselves when that day comes?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you wrote this Katie! I love that you take pictures of all their dinosaurs for them : ) and I love, love, love that he is going to build a bread factory in Africa to feed the people. That is so beautiful. It made my heart melt.

    What a blessing to be their Mom! An absolute blessing.

    You haven't come to visit me in a while. I miss you. Please come back.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving me a comment. Have a blessed day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...