Friday, July 10, 2009

New stuff around the Nest

I love rabbit stuff and not just any rabbit stuff. There is something about the traditional rabbit or vintage looking rabbits I like. I saw this print on eBay a few times and loved it but always got outbid at the last second. I bid on this one and the shipping was so high I think it scared people off. Lucky for me my in laws lived 30 min away from the seller and would get it for me. I didn't have to pay for shipping so I won this one. It was my birthday present from the kids. I set it up on my old TV entertainment center changed into a book shelf and it seems to fit okay in my office area.

Some bought shells from vacation, I had no luck in the Outer Banks finding anything worth keeping. I love shells and want to go to Florida next because I know the shells are much better. I have been on a little nautical kick since vacation. Soon we are changing our room to be more nautical or Nantucket. I still want it to feel warm and elegant but have a ocean feel. We need to paint and hang stuff up, not sure when that will get done, soon I hope.
A terrarium and one on the bottom too with some cute plants.
two topiary trees from Ballards. I got them from a consignment store for $16, so much cheaper.
I had the frame and just framed in this little wood sign.
I have this little shelf when you walk in my house. I needed something tall, still not sure If I love this. I was inspired by the Nester by her nest and sticks look. It will work for now, I think if I add a little more it will look even better.
Little urn, it is so cute and small.
I love making our house a home. I often change my mind about looks but it is fun to play around and move stuff. I sometimes like the look of a more formal traditional look and then sometimes the look of a wispy shabby look. Not sure what my style is. French Garden? A mixture, Shabby traditional (lol) It is just so fun to create, design and hunt for certain decor. Enjoy your weekend.

15 comments:

  1. I love how the picture looks above your bookshelf! Everything looks so wonderful. I'm just not a decorator at all! See, if you lived nextdoor, we could be best friends and you could give me some much needed decorating help! Ha!!

    Have a great weekend Katie!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, so many wonderful things. Love the bunny painting. Looks great on your entertainment center.

    Love the terrarium too.

    I move things around all of the time too. It is fun making a house a home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE those Ballard topiaries!!! Awesome find and such a great deal!! They probably would have $200 through Ballards!!

    POlly

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to be honest, at first I was skeptical of the rabbits, but I actually really like the print you got! I love all of your decorations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks great! You know I have a Bunny Love too. I love the antique prints of animals. Especially rabbitts and lambs. I am especially thankful to hear I am not the only one that cant figure out what I like BESTEST!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We sure do like the same type of things because I have that rabbit picture and the green rabbit platter. Love all the pieces you showed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it love it love it!!!! I am all about home decorating and this is so beautiful! You have great taste!! Loved all the pictures!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that vintage looking rabbit print! Everything looks great. I too move things around and it seems like my "style" can change week by week!!

    Hope you are having a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful, katie! I love seeing all of your decor! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Katie.....thanks for the comment on my new chandelier. We really love it! We bought it about 2 weeks ago, but at that time, the Lowe's on Brice Rd had 2 more. The shades that are included were just awful! But, I have small cream silk shades available for sale in my shop, so I went shopping from myself for those! We had to hire an electrician to put it up because it was in a stairwell, so that was over $100 for installation but so worth it!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, I cannot believe your little Lauren is 2!!! What adorable bday pictures. My little girl loves Dora too (yes, so annoying) and loves that Barney song. :)

    The terrarium is gorgeous! Also, I like how you framed the "hope" sign.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I got the rabbit chef from Steinmart years ago. Still love him!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You ARE really sprucing up! I have that same rabbit print! We are kindred spirits.:) I love the little white terrarium. So cottagy cute.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You inspire me! You should enter a foot picture this week. Have you been taking pictures lately? : )

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, Katie! Everything looks great! I have been looking and looking for a sweet rabbit picture like that (that I can afford)...so LOVE it! Do you by any chance have the name of the ebay seller? or any specifics on what you have searched for? It seems to be hit or miss on ebay with those prints and I've been out of luck lately. Just got two small prints a few months ago.....but, still looking for that one. :(

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving me a comment. Have a blessed day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...